Catherine Johnson, PsyD, LP
As a seasoned health-care professional and former licensed long-term care administrator, I strive to support the mental-health development of older adults through the creation of a therapeutic milieu. This involves creating a healing environment for the older adult by creating a positive, and creative problem-solving work-life environment for employees and family caregivers.
- Individual, family, and group counseling and psychotherapy for older adults residing in long-term care facilities and in the community.
- Diagnostic assessment and psychological testing for older adults.
- Health care consultation, training and program development: overall mental-health program development, dementia care, life-enrichment programs.
- Teach curriculum in the field of aging and psychology: continuing education units and undergraduate/graduate level students
- Dementia: detection, diagnosis, patient/family treatment and support
- Dementia and behavioral management
- Clinical applications of reminiscence and life review
- Depression in Long-Term care
- The myths and realities of aging
- Models for mental-health services delivery in long-term care settings.
- Professional writing: grant proposals, educational curriculum, best-practice manuals, program evaluation and articles related to older adult mental-health
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Mental Health Professional
- Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD) - University of St. Thomas
- Master’s Degree in Psychology (MS) - St. Mary’s University
- Bachelor’s of Art in Psychology and Sociology (BA) - St Cloud State University