I am a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker. I have experience working with individuals (including children), families, and groups to help cope with issues such as mental illness, life transitions, decrease in mental/physical functioning and capacity, grief/loss/bereavement, divorce, suicide, coping with the suicide of a loved one, and trauma. I work to ensure that my clients know that they are competent, worthy, and heard; my philosophy is that I am the gentle “guide on the side”. I work hard at building rapport with clients, and looking at all aspects of their lives to find their strengths to help them through whatever concerns they are facing. In addition, I find great benefit in using humor, and try to help clients see the positives in whatever situation they may be persevering through.
To expand and improve our care options for clients, ACP offers Telehealth (phone or video) appointments. Telehealth uses phone or video conferencing to connect you with highly qualified and experienced providers in real-time from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office. Before your telehealth appointment, you will receive details for how you will connect with your provider. If you will be connecting via phone, the provider will plan to call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be ready to take the call and also check that your phone allows calls from blocked numbers (accessible within your phone settings). If you will be connecting via video conference, your provider will email you an invite to join the appointment. Please call our office to learn more about ACP’s telehealth services and to schedule an appointment.
Areas of Specialty
- Grief, loss, and bereavement concerns
- Trauma focused interventions
- Developmental repair/in-vivo regulation practice
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Working with mental health concerns post-stroke
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Completed Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy training
- Mental Health Professional
- Master of Clinical Social Work (MSW) – University of St. Thomas/St. Catherine University
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Psychology with a minor in Sociology (BS) – University of Minnesota, Duluth