Geriatric Therapy Services
I specialize in health psychology with over 40 years in medical settings. For over 18 years my work focused on helping people adjust to major medical illness, injury and functional decline. I believe a psychological support in a medical and long term care facility is essential for the promotion of a best new coping. Receiving psychological assessment and therapy can help clients reach their optimal control and independence in life. Encouraging clients to engage in a Positive Psychotherapy helps promote human development.
My blended model of therapy has a focus on promoting clients’ character strengths while addressing the psychological concern. Maintaining a caring regard for my clients helps me connect with the unique needs of each individual. My multi disciplinary work history created knowledge and assessment/therapy skills to address a broad spectrum of psychiatric concerns. I believe it is important to build relationship trust and mutual understanding during the psychotherapy to help clients feel personal growth and development.
To expand and improve our care options for clients, ACP offers Telehealth (phone or video) appointments. Telehealth uses phone or video conferencing to connect you with highly qualified and experienced providers in real-time from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office. Before your telehealth appointment, you will receive details for how you will connect with your provider. If you will be connecting via phone, the provider will plan to call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be ready to take the call and also check that your phone allows calls from blocked numbers (accessible within your phone settings). If you will be connecting via video conference, your provider will email you an invite to join the appointment. Please call our office to learn more about ACP’s telehealth services and to schedule an appointment.
Areas of Specialty
- Consultation and in-service education in medical and nursing home settings
- Chronic pain management
- Individual Therapy – Cognitive Behavioral, Dialectical Behavioral, Positive Psychology, Biofeedback
- Geriatric diagnostic assessment and treatment
- Brief psychotherapy/solution-focused psychotherapy
- Relaxation and stress management psycho education
- Health Psychology
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Mental Health Professional
- Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD) – Minnesota School of Professional Psychology
- Master of Science, Nursing (MS) – University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing (BS) – St. Olaf College