Clinic-Based DBT IOP Services
I enjoy working with individuals of a wide variety of backgrounds and situations. I like to use an integrated approach including dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), and a humanistic approach, focusing on building a positive rapport with my clients, providing them with guidance and support in identifying and reaching their goals. I thoroughly enjoy seeing my clients grow and make positive changes in their lives.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
ACP’s DBT program adheres to the Linehan model of DBT, is certified by MN DHS. Our clients meet with their individual therapist for one hour a week and attend a two-hour weekly skills group for at least 26 weeks. Unlike traditional group psychotherapy which focuses on processing experiences and feelings, DBT groups focus on learning four sets of important skills: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. DBT a very effective treatment for multiple conditions including borderline personality disorder, depression, PTSD, impulsivity, eating disorders, and some forms of anxiety.
Areas of Specialty
- Serious and Persistent Mental Illness
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Young adults
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- Mental Health Practitioner
- Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology (MA) – University of St. Thomas
- Bachelor of Science, Child, Adult, and Family Studies (BS) – Iowa State University