Clinic-Based DBT IOP Services
I employ a strength-based approach when working with clients to achieve their vision of recovery. I enjoy working with clients to develop a life that is in alignment with their values. I specialize in dialectical behavior therapy and work with clients to develop effective skills for coping with their symptoms. I am trained in integrative behavioral health and strive to assist clients as they move toward holistic wellness.
Dialectical Behavior Therapy:
ACP’s DBT program adheres to the Linehan model of DBT, is certified by MN DHS. Our clients meet with their individual therapist for one hour a week and attend a two-hour weekly skills group for at least 26 weeks. Unlike traditional group psychotherapy which focuses on processing experiences and feelings, DBT groups focus on learning four sets of important skills: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. DBT a very effective treatment for multiple conditions including borderline personality disorder, depression, PTSD, impulsivity, eating disorders, and some forms of anxiety.
Areas of Specialty
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Personality disorders
- Mood disorders
- Cognitive impairment
- Integrative Behavioral Health
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Mental Health Professional
- Masters of Social Work – Integrative Behavioral Health Fellow – University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychological Science – Gustavus Adolphus College