Geriatric Therapy Services
As a seasoned health-care professional and former licensed long-term care administrator, I strive to support the mental-health development of older adults through the creation of a therapeutic milieu. This involves creating a healing environment for the older adult by creating a positive, and creative problem-solving work-life environment for employees and family caregivers.
To expand and improve our care options for clients, ACP offers Telehealth (phone or video) appointments. Telehealth uses phone or video conferencing to connect you with highly qualified and experienced providers in real-time from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office. Before your telehealth appointment, you will receive details for how you will connect with your provider. If you will be connecting via phone, the provider will plan to call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be ready to take the call and also check that your phone allows calls from blocked numbers (accessible within your phone settings). If you will be connecting via video conference, your provider will email you an invite to join the appointment. Please call our office to learn more about ACP’s telehealth services and to schedule an appointment.
Areas of Specialty
- Individual, family, and group counseling and psychotherapy for older adults residing in long-term care facilities and in the community.
- Diagnostic assessment and psychological testing for older adults.
- Health care consultation, training and program development: overall mental-health program development, dementia care, life-enrichment programs.
- Teach curriculum in the field of aging and psychology: continuing education units and undergraduate/graduate level students
- Dementia: detection, diagnosis, patient/family treatment and support
- Dementia and behavioral management
- Clinical applications of reminiscence and life review
- Depression in Long-Term care
- The myths and realities of aging
- Models for mental-health services delivery in long-term care settings.
- Professional writing: grant proposals, educational curriculum, best-practice manuals, program evaluation and articles related to older adult mental-health
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Mental Health Professional
- Doctorate in Psychology (PsyD) – University of St. Thomas
- Master’s Degree in Psychology (MS) – St. Mary’s University
- Bachelor’s of Art in Psychology and Sociology (BA) – St Cloud State University