Geriatric Therapy Services
I have 25 years of experience working with older adults in issues such as grief and loss, adjustment concerns and family dynamics. I specialize in working with clients and their medical teams in long-term care facilities and short-term rehab units. I see people in their own homes, as well.
My focus is on working collaboratively to understand their strengths and areas of concern or difficulty in order to improve their quality of life. I strive to support my clients with a caring attitude while also assisting them to take steps to improve their life. My work aims to enhance insight, gain coping skills, process distress, and empower my clients through empathetic understanding and unconditional positive regard.
To expand and improve our care options for clients, ACP offers Telehealth (phone or video) appointments. Telehealth uses phone or video conferencing to connect you with highly qualified and experienced providers in real-time from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office. Before your telehealth appointment, you will receive details for how you will connect with your provider. If you will be connecting via phone, the provider will plan to call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be ready to take the call and also check that your phone allows calls from blocked numbers (accessible within your phone settings). If you will be connecting via video conference, your provider will email you an invite to join the appointment. Please call our office to learn more about ACP’s telehealth services and to schedule an appointment.
Areas of Specialty
- Grief and loss
- Coping with chronic illness and end of life
- Life Transitions
- Family Work
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW)
- Mental Health Practitioner
- Train the Trainer Crisis Intervention
- Leadership Training – U of MN Extension Program
- Leadership Institute – University of Minnesota
- Dementia Group Facilitator – Alzheimer’s Association
- Master of Social Work (MSW) – University of St. Thomas/St. Catherine University
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Work (BA) – St. Catherine University