Clinic-Based Psychiatry Services
Throughout my career, I’ve gravitated toward taking care of cases other psychiatrists were scared to take, and the vast majority of my patients got better. Many times a patient has told me about having “tried everything,” demoralized at how nothing will work. It is with great satisfaction that the patient and I will take a few steps back and start again.
Psychiatry is as much art as science, but there is much to be said for taking a thorough history and approaching care from perspectives encompassing life story, personality, behavior, and illness. I’ve done this thousands of times, from high-ranking politicians on the national stage to homeless veterans, and everyone in between.
To expand and improve our care options for clients, ACP offers Telehealth (phone or video) appointments. Telehealth uses phone or video conferencing to connect you with highly qualified and experienced providers in real-time from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office. Before your telehealth appointment, you will receive details for how you will connect with your provider. If you will be connecting via phone, the provider will plan to call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be ready to take the call and also check that your phone allows calls from blocked numbers (accessible within your phone settings). If you will be connecting via video conference, your provider will email you an invite to join the appointment. Please call our office to learn more about ACP’s telehealth services and to schedule an appointment.
Areas of Specialty
- Mood Disorders
- Substance Use Disorders
Licensures / Titles
- Certified with the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology in General Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry
- Certified with the American Board of Preventive Medicine in Addiction
- Fellow: Forensic Psychiatry, University of Maryland
- Resident (and Chief Resident): The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Internship (with six months of Internal Medicine: Johns Hopkins Bayview
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) – University of Toledo College of Medicine
- Master of Science, Biochemistry (MS) – University of Toledo College of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry (BS) – University of California, Davis