Clinic-Based Therapy Services & Geriatric Services
CEO, Owner, Clinical Director
Dr. Brose was awarded the 2020 Minnesota Gerontologist of the Year by the Minnesota Gerontological Society. In naming Dr. Brose, they recognized his achievements in revolutionizing behavioral health care for seniors. Click here to read more about his award.
Dr. Brose is considered a leading national authority on aging and the behavioral health needs of the older adult. He designed the first in the nation model for delivering behavioral health care directly to clients in assisted living and long-term care facilities. He serves as an advocate for the care of the older adult through clinical practice, serving on committees examining state and federal regulations of the long-term care industry, and offering training and educational programs locally and around the United States. Dr. Brose continues to provide clinical services, consultation services, and leadership in long-term care facilities and has done so for 40 years.
Along with his focus on Gerontology, Dr. Brose has worked in behavioral health for many years in a variety of contexts. He founded ACP in 1980 with Dr. Charles S. Evans and continues to serve as ACP’s CEO and Clinical Director. Today, ACP has over 200 providers serving clients throughout the Twin Cities. Dr. Brose spent many years on the teaching faculty of various training institutions instructing various psychiatrists, psychologists, and clinical social workers. Dr. Brose serves on several advisory boards addressing multiple issues affecting behavioral health and has created educational materials used by many organizations. He also offers numerous workshops on a national basis on various topics.
At heart, though, Dr. Brose is a clinician first and foremost, his long-term mission is to reduce human suffering. He continues to see many clients each week in long-term care and for outpatient psychotherapy and assessments in the Minneapolis clinic. In the clinical setting, Dr. Brose performs medical/psychological evaluations for spinal fusion, disc replacement, neuro spinal stimulator implant, and bariatric surgery candidates. He regularly sees pain clients for opioid risk assessment and provides pre-entrance psychological evaluations for US Military applicants.
Areas of Specialty
- Individual outpatient psychotherapy and counseling for adolescents, adults and seniors
- Marital counseling and family therapy
- Counseling and psychotherapy for residents of long-term care facilities
- Long-term care facility consultation and organizational development
- Training and education for long-term care facilities
- Pre-surgical psychological assessments for spinal fusions, pain pumps, etc.
- Bariatric assessments
- Pain assessments
- Consultation and training for various businesses
- Consultation to chemical dependency treatment programs
Licensures / Titles
- Owner, CEO and Clinical Director
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
- Certificate of Proficiency in the Treatment of Alcohol and Other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders
- 1991 – Awarded the “Outstanding Contributor to Healthcare Award” by the American College of Healthcare Administrators.
- 1996 and again in 2002 – Nominated as “Outstanding Contributor of Geriatric Clinical Services” by the Minnesota Gerontological Society.
- 2000 – Awarded the “Excellence in Care Giving” Award by the Minnesota Alzheimer’s Association.
- 2020 – Awarded “BraVada Garrett-Akinsanya Distinguished Elders Award for Leadership in Minnesota Psychology” by the Minnesota Psychological Association
- 2020 – Awarded “Minnesota Gerontologist of the Year” by the Minnesota Gerontological Society.
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology
- Postgraduate Intensive Training Program, Gestalt Institute of the Twin Cities
- Master’s Degree in Psychology
- Bachelor’s Degree