Geriatric Therapy Services
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Lead
As a Psychotherapist, I have a passion for helping people draw on the strength within to see tangible change. I have experience with diverse populations, ranging from ethnic and economic diversity, to a variety of diagnoses, with an emphasis on mood disorders and addictions.
As the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Lead, I am determined to continue ACP’s commitment to social justice and equitable practices, as well as fostering an environment where diversity continues to be welcomed, respected, valued, and included in all that we do.
Approach to Supervision
As a supervisor, I value the opportunity to guide a student as they discover their clinical identity as a therapist. In supervision, Ihelp create space for interns to be honest and vulnerable about challenges, to aid in their growth. Given that I was once in their shoes, I understand the fears of being a new clinician, feeling worried about making a mistake, wanting to say the”right thing”. The supervisory relationship/consultation has always been something I relied on to overcome this fear and it’s an honor to be able to do the same for the students I work with.
To expand and improve our care options for clients, ACP offers Telehealth (phone or video) appointments. Telehealth uses phone or video conferencing to connect you with highly qualified and experienced providers in real-time from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office. Before your telehealth appointment, you will receive details for how you will connect with your provider. If you will be connecting via phone, the provider will plan to call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be ready to take the call and also check that your phone allows calls from blocked numbers (accessible within your phone settings). If you will be connecting via video conference, your provider will email you an invite to join the appointment. Please call our office to learn more about ACP’s telehealth services and to schedule an appointment.
Areas of Specialty
- Individual, family, and group counseling and psychotherapy for older adults residing in long-term care facilities and in the community
- Health care consultation, training and education for long-term care facility staff
- Workshops and training for professionals in the community
- Substance use and Addictions
- Mood disorders
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Mental Health Professional
- Master of Social Work (MSW) – University of St. Thomas/St. Catherine University
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Work (BA) – University of St. Thomas