Clinic-Based Psychiatry Services
From the time I started my nursing career, over 20 years ago now, I have passionately worked in the area I am most passionate about: psychiatric – mental health. I have worked with adults suffering from a variety of psychiatric – mental health issues in both inpatient and outpatient settings. I have worked with people living with persistent psychiatric disorders, co-morbid chemical dependency and personality disorders, and also people just needing some short-term, crisis intervention. I have also provided education to nurses advancing their careers as both a faculty and preceptor for over 10 years. I have a special interest in cultural influences on mental health beliefs and practices, and have conducted research, published, and presented internationally on this subject. I also have an interest in ethics and have published in this area as well.
To expand and improve our care options for clients, ACP offers Telehealth (phone or video) appointments. Telehealth uses phone or video conferencing to connect you with highly qualified and experienced providers in real-time from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office. Before your telehealth appointment, you will receive details for how you will connect with your provider. If you will be connecting via phone, the provider will plan to call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please be ready to take the call and also check that your phone allows calls from blocked numbers (accessible within your phone settings). If you will be connecting via video conference, your provider will email you an invite to join the appointment. Please call our office to learn more about ACP’s telehealth services and to schedule an appointment.
Areas of Specialty
- Psychiatric evaluations with diagnosis
- Development of individualized treatment plans
- Medication management for most psychiatric disorders including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, attention disorders, and psychotic disorders, as well as those suffering with co-morbid chemical dependency and personality disorders.
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, Board Certified (PMHCNS-BC)
- Board Certified by the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) in adult psychiatry.
- Mental Health Professional
- Doctor of Philosophy, Research (PhD) – Duquesne University
- Master of Science, Psychiatry (MS) – University of North Dakota
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing (BSN) – University of North Dakota