Clinic-Based Therapy Services
Outpatient Clinic Director
I enjoy working with a wide range of people and situations. I have a strong interest in working with people who have a history of trauma and mood disorders. I use a variety of techniques especially tailored to the individual including Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), EMDR, and exposure therapy, as well as mindfulness and cognitive techniques (CBT). I use Cognitive Behavioral Strategies in my work in helping clients reach their personal goals related to anxiety, depression and other mood and behavioral disorders.
I work from a place of non-judgment and like to balance the validation of a person’s emotions and experiences with also helping to motivate them for change. Ultimately my primary focus is to assist the individual with meeting their goals and help them develop the life and relationships they are seeking.
In my free time, I enjoy Yoga, reading, and drinking coffee!
Dialectical Behavior Therapy:
ACP’s DBT program adheres to the Linehan model of DBT, is certified by MN DHS. Our clients meet with their individual therapist for one hour a week and attend a two-hour weekly skills group for at least 26 weeks. Unlike traditional group psychotherapy which focuses on processing experiences and feelings, DBT groups focus on learning four sets of important skills: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. DBT a very effective treatment for multiple conditions including borderline personality disorder, depression, PTSD, impulsivity, eating disorders, and some forms of anxiety.
Areas of Specialty
- Adult and Adolescent Psychotherapy
- Women’s Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Individual DBT Therapy for Adults and Adolescents
- Serious and Persistent Mental Illness
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
Licensures / Titles
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Mental Health Professional
- DBT-Linehan Board of Certification, Certified DBT Clinician™
- Master of Social Work (MSW) – College of St. Catherine/University of St. Thomas
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – University of Minnesota-Duluth
- Intensive Training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- DBT certification with the State of Minnesota
- Intensive Training in EMDR
- Post-training supervision for EMDR